WOAD is a repository of information on accidents occurring in the offshore oil and gas...
Kameleon FireEX – KFX is DNV GL Digital Solutions’ leading computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation tool.
The system has been specifically designed to provide advanced solutions to industrial problems related to dispersion of hazardous matter, fire and explosion safety.
What you get:
- Three-dimensional transient finite-volume CFD code that solves the fundamental conservation equations for turbulent flow and combustion using a non-uniform Cartesian grid
- Developed as a simulator dedicated to gas dispersion, gas explosions, flares and all kind of fires
- Includes an efficient porosity technique for resolution of objects smaller than the grid size
- Includes explosion capabilities through integration of the Exsim software
- Includes detailed Lagrangian models for fire mitigation and extinction by water systems such as water mist, water curtains, deluge, monitors and sprinklers
- Is interfaced with the finite element structure response code KFX Usfos for non-linear dynamic structural response analysis
- Includes powerful CAD and topography import where CAD geometries are converted automatically to solid constructions or surface / volume porosities used by the calculation model in the tool.
- Electronic maps of terrain, buildings, modules, process plants etc.
A video demonstrating the possible applications of DNV GL's Kameleon FireEx® - KFX computational fluid...
The oil and gas industry has historically relied on two primary approaches to health and...