Hertel has announced that Hertel Caspian region managing director and former Nacap CEO Victor Aquina will be CEO as of 1 April.
Hertel offers a unique portfolio, from the architectural outfitting of offshore installations, to the design and fabrication of accommodation modules and containerised solutions. Hertel’s offshore division is able to handle turnkey multi-discipline projects of various magnitudes, from small projects to large multi-million contracts.
With the acquisition of McGill’s Services and Quest Worldwide, Hertel has expanded and evolved into a complete solution provider with a focus on executing large capital projects. This has delivered recent success with clients such as Wood Group, TAQA and BG awarding Hertel contracts for the engineering, design, fabrication and outfitting of several accommodation modules.
Established in 1895, Hertel has been servicing the marine industry for 115 years. In this time Hertel has grown and expanded into a multi-industry services provider with a global network of over 12,000 employees. With operations in over 2o countries and projects in a further 26, Hertel is a global organisation that is able to deliver local knowledge and skills.
Modular timesave cabins
When selecting components for our modular cabins, reducing material, manufacturing, installation and commissioning costs are key factors. Maintenance is kept to an absolute minimum and in the first instance or, if possible, is designed out or avoided. The cabin house components minimise the need for commissioning activities after cabin installation.
Innovative changes to past practice and processes are considered and incorporated into the design, minimising the need to enter into the units when completing service connections.
Advantages of modular or containerised accommodation
Accommodation is provided in either a modular cabin or self-sufficient steel containerised units:
- Cabins meet SOLAS requirements +NES 711 + 713 + 130 Part 01 + 705
- Production can run in line with ship and module build in yard
- Cabins are designed and developed in close co-operation with the customer
- Cabins are designed as either complete or flat-packed units
- Cabins are delivered complete with internal floor and final floor finishes where required
- Cabins are delivered with removable, height adjustable, wheel transfer units
- Cabins come complete with lighting, small power, safety, communication and data systems
- Cabins are fitted with either standard or bespoke modular furniture to meet customer requirements (our products meet naval engineering standards)
- Cabins are designed to meet naval shock and vibration requirements
- Cabins are constructed to a high degree of tolerance
Marine and offshore accommodation construction and maintenance
Hertel provides specialist services to the marine and offshore industries. These services are available to support new build projects as well as maintenance and upgrade or refurbishment of existing facilities:
- Design, supply and installation of partition walling including A and B rated proprietary systems
- Design, supply and installation of furniture and furnishings in both cabins and public areas
- Design, supply, fabrication, installation and commissioning of HVAC systems
- Supply and application of cement and epoxy based deck screeds and finishes
- Supply and installation of deck underlayment, floor finishes and access flooring
- Design, manufacture and installation of modular accommodation units
Containerised units for sale or hire
Containerised units from Hertel are A60 rated to the latest FTC codes, with optional H-ratings. All materials conform to NFPA, USCG and SOLAS. They are approved by ABS / DNV / Lloyds and meet NORSOK standards.
- Protection with fire and gas systems
- Air conditioning systems
- Sprinkler systems
- Stab-in walkways and stairs
Single or double bedroom units come complete with shower, WC and wash basin, as well as self-contained water heating. They are suitable for safe areas (options for zone 1 and zone 2).
Our architectural services offer accommodation solutions from the design and installation of outfittings, to new build structures, to the upgrade or refurbishment of existing facilities.
We have unrivalled experience in working to all standards of requirements and offer a full range of options from complete turnkey to bespoke installations or even experienced labour supply services.
The modular unit option provides our customers with a high standard of ‘plug-n-play’ accommodation with minimal work at the worksite, which reduces safety, budget and schedule risks. We can also provide completely outfitted, individual, containerised, steel, fireproof accommodation.
In spite of growing pressure from overseas competition, Hertel's UK offshore division has secured new contracts worth £12m in the last six weeks.
Hertel Offshore, part of the international multi-disciplinary industrial services company Hertel, has successfully delivered an additional living quarter for the Shell Draugen Platform in the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
Hertel's offshore division has demonstrated its commitment to providing quality products and services to the oil and gas industry by achieving ISO 29001 accreditation.
Hertel Offshore has signed a €70m contract with Hyundai Heavy Industries for the engineering, design and construction (EPC) of the new accommodation for Statoil's Aasta Hansteen platform.
Hertel Offshore, part of the international multi-disciplinary industrial services company Hertel, has signed a contract for the EPC delivery of the Shell Draugen Additional Living Quarter.
Hertel's offshore division has been awarded a contract to design, build and modify living quarters for Nexen Petroleum UK's Buzzard platform in the central North Sea after a tough and competitive tender.
Following the recent restructuring of Hertel's operations in the Middle East, the company has made a number of senior appointments in the region. The restructuring saw the creation of two sub-regions with offices in Abu Dhabi to cover UAE, Qatar and Oman and offices in Damman serving th
Hertel is pleased to announce it is exhibiting at OTC 2011, one of the world's largest exhibitions within the oil and gas industry, taking place at Reliant Park, Houston, Texas, US, on 2-5 May 2011. OTC is the world’s foremost event for the development of offshore resources in the fields