IDAC will be conducting Wind Farm Modelling 2010, a seminar about the modelling of wind turbines and wind farms using computational fluid dynamics and finite element analysis, on 22nd February 2010 in Croydon, London.
Whether you are a blade manufacturer or are looking to optimise a wind farm layout, our lectures aim to inform attendees of the technology available and the efforts required in assessing:
- Aerodynamic performance modelling on single blade
- Power curves and torque investigations for complete turbines
- Turbulence wake modelling and interference on a wind farm
- Wind and natural relief effects on turbines
- Fluid structure interaction on a single blade
- Offshore wave interaction on turbine masts
- Turbine spacing and location optimization
- Impact analysis on turbine masts and blades, (such as bird strikes)
- Harmonic response and vibrations
Please contact IDAC by 20 January 2010 (registration deadline) if you wish to attend Wind Farm Modelling 2010. Attendance costs £99 per person.