Active Load designs complete transducer solutions and manufactures strain gauge transducers for the offshore oil and gas industry. Strain gauge transducers are designed for very harsh, subsea environments and they are sometimes deployed in hazardous areas.
Active Load aims to provide every client with a bespoke and custom-built solution. Some of the more common applications we have undertaken include:
- Winch load: Monitored from the base of the winch or through the cabular pulley wheel to ensure that any over-tolerance loads are monitored and alarmed; we can supply compression load cells or load pins to suit every application
- Heave compensation: Drill string tension is constantly measured to ensure that fatigue and force evaluation are monitored and controlled in this intrinsically safe area
- Moorings and load buoys: When floating structures are used by tankers, we provide measurement of mooring lines and anchor lines using a strain-gauged load monitoring pin
- Anchor load: If the offshore structure is temporary or mobile then anchor points will be used to secure its position and the forces on these need to be measured; we provide load pins or running line tension meter measurements for this application
- Crane load: We provide load-measuring transducers to measure load forces on the crane structure; if telemetry applications are required we can provide the remote signalling, displays and alarms
- Pipe and cable laying: Ship-required strain gauged load pins applied to the pipe support rollers