Destec has four types of non-destructive, liquid penetrant, magnetic partial, ferrite and ultrasonic testing, as...
Destec is well regarded as an experienced specialist in the design and manufacture of high pressure and high temperature metal-to-metal static sealing solutions.
The company has developed a sealing system that utilises a modified cone ring, which provides excellent leak-tightness properties under the most severe conditions of pressure, temperature, thermal cycling and shock.
Destec seal rings are being used as original equipment in client’s products and are also in service as replacement for original troublesome joints.
With conversions of old joints to Destec seals our engineers carry out the design modifications in accordance with established codes and standards, whilst the practical site work is handled by Destec’s on-site machining service using portable machines to carry out the modification and re-build on site.
Destec’s seal rings have the following features:
- Sizes ranging from 10mm-1,700mm
- The higher the pressure the more attractive the Destec seal design becomes as internal pressure intensifies the sealing action
- The Destec all-metal seal ring can be used at high temperatures. Maximum service temperature being limited by the seal material selected. Materials range from carbon and alloy steels through to Inconel, with a range of coatings for lubrication
- The sealing system is extremely leak tight under the most severe conditions of pressure, temperature, vacuum, and is suitable for nuclear applications
- Cold quench conditions and thermal cycling are the cause of most leakage problems where conventional compressible type joints and seal materials are used. The additional flexibility of the Destec seal ring ensures a tight seal during thermal transient conditions
- Compact and lighter flange designs can usually be achieved by using Destec’s seals. Fluid seal areas and joint loads are lower when compared with conventional compressible type joints
- The all metal Destec seal ring is elastic in design and on dismantling reverts to its original form ready for re-use. All seals of a given size are interchangeable without any pre-fitting
Destec Engineering carried out the on-site machining repair of a heat exchanger at a chemical...
Destec was formed in 1969, by the present owners of the company, and it has...