Offshore Lifts for Men and Materials
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Alimak Hek has been supplying rack and pinion lifts, and elevators to the offshore industry since 1974 when it installed its first unit on an Aker H-3 design semi-submersible. Today about 500 Alimak lifts have been delivered into this special niche market. They are mostly installed on derricks, in hull columns and outside platform modules. The lifts complement potentially hazardous stairways and ladderways to provide convenient access to pump and machine rooms and other process critical areas.
Alimak Hek's recent orders include the following:
- Atwood Oceanics semisubs 10 and 11
- Keppel Fels semisub B 309
- Stena DrillMax IV, semisub
- National Oil Well’s DSME 5
- Vinashin Shipyard, FSO-5 (floating storage vessel)
- Gazflot semisubs 1 and 2
- Grupo R 1 and R 2 semisubs
- GSF Drillship 1, DD5 and DD6
- Larsen Oil & Gas, Petrorig 1, semisub
- Odebrecht Drillship 1 and 2
- Petroserv Drillship 2
- Pride Drillships 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Valhall oil drilling rig
- Seadragon 1 and 2, semisubs
- West Orion and West Capricorn, semisubs
- TMT Deepwater Drillship 1, 2 and 3
Advantages of Alimak rack and pinion lifts
- Made for tough environments
- Simple and cost efficient installation
- No separate machine room
- No pit or lift-shaft needed
- Easy to install to almost any structure
- Small footprint
- Can be installed on inclined and curved surfaces
- Indoor or outdoor installation
- Durable and easy to service and maintain
- Explosion protected lifts for hazardous areas
- Operation not affected by rolls, pitches or heaves
- Easy to retrofit to existing structures
The Alimak SE-Ex modular passenger and goods lift range for hazardous areas is mainly intended for the transportation of men and materials at service and inspection work. Technical data:
- Payload capacity: 400kg - 1,600kg
- Travelling speed: 0.4m/s - 0.6m/s
- Maximum lifting height: up to 75m (increased lifting height on request)
- Ex standard version available in ATEX regulations, protection class: Zone 1 or 2, Gas Group IIA or IIB, temperature class T1–T4
Alimak Special lifts can be customised for the most varying purposes, such as inclined or explosion protected.
Explosion protected lifts
Alimak Hek supplies explosion protected lifts for use in hazardous areas Zone 2 or Zone 1 with gases Group IIB T4 as per IC79. The electrical equipment complies with European standards EN 60079, EN 50014 through EN 50020.
Alimak lifts can easily be installed on any structure and are ideal for retrofitting on existing oil-rigs that are undergoing upgrading, or retrofitted in other hazardous industrial environments. Alimak Hek has actively been involved in a wide range of modernisation projects.
ISO 9001 quality
Alimak Hek AB is third party certified against ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001. In addition, the company also receive specific project-to-project third party certification by independent bodies such as Lloyds, DNV and ABS.
Alimak Hek engineers have long and vast experience from projects with high demands and are able to handle special project through all stages. They are trained and organised to provide project plans and risk analyses, carry through approval and inspection procedures and deliver correct, complete documentation on time.
Alimak rack and pinion lifts are provided through a worldwide network of Alimak Hek sales companies and distributors. Local service and support is provided in more than 60 countries around the world. This means easy access to support, spare parts and skilled service technicians at nearby locations. Alimak lifts are produced in Skellefteå, Sweden.