Another fast-track delivery to Chevalier Floatels has enabled the company to deliver its third vessel for service support operations in the 2013 season. Adding another versatile vessel to its fleet, Chevalier Floatels has distinguished itself as an organisation that is capable of making fast-track deliveries to clients, even under the most demanding circumstances.
The DP Galyna is a high-spec service support vessel that offers offshore contractors solid performance across the board. With an integrated Ampelmann transferring system, the operational window is increased up to 90% during the season. This, in combination with excellent DP capabilities, a heave-compensated crane and ample deck space for stores, allows for much greater mobility in the field. The vessel also provides facilities for multi-beam operations and other support activities.
Accommodating 60 persons in total with a crew of 16, the chartering party has an availability of 44 single cabins. Alternatively 90 persons can be accommodated, in which case some cabins will be double cabins. The luxurious interior, which is unrivaled in the industry, offers the passengers a wide range of amenities, including a fitness area, hospital, restaurant, laundry, lounge and smoking lounge, ensuring maximum comfort during offshore operations. To further increase passenger comfort, special attention was paid to vessel movement during the conversion.
With Holland Shipyards’ dedicated project team completing the project, an even faster delivery time was realized than with DP Galyna’s sister vessel DP Gezina. While DP Gezina was delivered in just 24 weeks, DP Galyna was delivered in 19, which speaks volumes of Holland Shipyards’ adaptability as an organisation. Looking back at a hectic period in which two signature projects were delivered, Holland Shipyards is extremely proud of its project team and all those involved that committed themselves tirelessly to the projects, which were by no means standard or easy.
With DP Galyna commencing operations in the offshore wind market, both Chevalier Floatels and Holland Shipyards can boast of the delivery of two high-performing vessels that are at the forefront of today’s market.
DP Galyna ship details:
- Owner: Chevalier Floatels BV
- Conversion yard: Holland Shipyards BV
- Homeport: Valletta
- Flag: Malta
- Length overall (oa): 70.1m
- Breadth oa: 13.4m
- Depth: 4.7m
- Draft: 3.1m
- Accommodation: 60 persons(16 crew) with passengers in single cabins / upgrades to 90persons with passengers in double cabins
- Other areas: Galley, mess room, lounge, smoking lounge, hospital, offices, changing room, laundry room, fitness, stores, workshop
- Propulsion: Diesel-electric; 5 generators of 600 kW
- Station keeping: DP2 notation
- Schottel thrusters: 2 x 630 kW
- Speed: 13.5 knots
- Retractable bowthruster: 400 kW
- Tunnel thruster bow: 300 kW
- Free deck space: 120m²
- Deck equipment: Ampelmann heave-compensated gangway, 2theave-compensated crane at 10m
- Miscellaneous: Multi-beam preparations
- Safety equipment: Fast rescue craft (FRC), MOB-boat, life rafts
- Boat landings: Aft and side