Walker Newman and Associates (WNA) provides telecommunications engineering and maintenance services to the oil and gas (O&G) industry.
By remaining independent of products, equipment and suppliers, we can focus on engineering the best fit for purpose solutions for our clients.
WNA understands the inter-relationships and integration between business processes, automation / instrumentation / control systems, IT (and cyber security), and telecommunications.
Specialist telecommunication services for oil and gas facilities
WNA supplies O&G telecommunications engineering services worldwide, along with telecommunication maintenance services in Australia.
The company covers all types of facilities, including offshore platforms, floating production storage offloading units (FPSOs), floating liquefied natural gas units (FLNGs), coal seam gas wells and collection systems.
The company also provides technologies for downstream facilities such as domestic gas plants, oil refineries and LNG plants, as well as pipelines.
Engineering services for offshore telecommunications
WNA’s services cover all facets of the O&G business, including major and minor project development, as well as exploration communication services.
The company performs pre-FEED studies, front-end engineering design (FEED) ; detailed design and procurement; identification, selection and definition phase studies; project execution management; and pre-operations planning.
Telecommunication maintenance services
WNA provides maintenance services for telecommunications systems in the Australian O&G industry.
WNA telecommunications technicians perform system maintenance, technical inspections / investigations, minor project works and manage other suppliers/contractors.
WNA also develops maintenance procedures, telecommunication standards, preferred equipment/vendor lists, maintenance philosophies, etc.
WNA’s skills and experience cover all aspects of telecommunications, including components, systems and infrastructure including:
- Cabling (structured, copper, fibre-optic, RF, LS0H, etc.)
- Towers / masts / structures
- Shelters / equipment rooms
- Cabinets / racking / equipment accommodation
- Power systems
- Cooling systems
- LAN, WAN
- Transmission systems (PDH, SDH, Ethernet, CDWM, DWDM, etc.)
- Microwave radio (point-to-point, tracking)
- Subsea fibre-optic
- Broadband wireless (Wi-Fi, WiMax, LTE, proprietary)
- Telemetry (SCADA, ESD, etc.)
- Automation/control system with IT / business system integration
- Radio (MF/HF, VHF (AM, FM), UHF (FM, DMR, P25, Tetra))
- Vessel tracking / collision avoidance (radar, AIS, Racon)
- Environmental monitoring systems
- Loading systems (SIGTTO, radio ESD)
- Berthing aid / docking systems
- Global maritime distress and safety systems (GMDSS)
- Aeronautical communications systems
- Public address / general alarm
- Personnel tracking, access control and security systems
Our focus is on clients’ requirements, outcomes and objectives.
By applying a rigorous, time-proven methodology, and leveraging the collective experience in O&G telecommunications across our engineering and technical staff, we deliver long-term value for money for our clients.